USA coast to coast stage 41 Troy NY to Battleboro VT

 128KM, 1,727M climbed, 5 hours 49 minutes 

Total 5,373KM, 32,183M climbed, 218 hours 47 minutes 

A big climbing day today and we also crossed into our 13th different state Vermont.

We started climbing from the off with a 3 mile climb just outside of Troy which split the group up and due to the climbing I found myself on my own for most of the ride.  

As we entered Vermont most of the rest of the ride was in the Green Mountain National Park which meant stunning scenery of trees, hills and fast flowing rivers.

The next climb was an 8 mile ascent up the Prospect Mountain and then a great descent with smooth sweeping roads.  After another small climb I descended at speeds hitting 48MPH.

I cycled over my first covered bridge before then unfortunately starting to ride on a road that was under repair with no tarmac.  After 1.5 miles of bone shaking riding and fearing that my bike might fall apart I decided to take a diversion off the designated route.  Whilst this diversion was scenic I did end up climbing for a further 2 miles without full confidence that I was going the right way.  As it turned out after asking for directions I made it to the hotel and actually cut of about half a mile from the original route.

Tomorrow we cycle to the outskirts of Boston.  So close to the finish.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vevYQJA1Zyv















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA coast to coast final stage Burlington to Revere Beach Boston

USA Coast to Coast stage 30 Crawfordsville IN to Greenfield IN